An insider's perspective with the winner of my 6 Week Get Sexy for Summer Contest
Jonathan Seaman-26 years old
167 lbs. Before
162 lbs. After
To be honest, you were kind of an underdog here Jonathan. I don’t think many people were betting on you to win. Based upon what you were hearing and seeing from the other competitors during the contest, did you actually think you had a shot at winning?
I will admit, I did a good amount of banter with the other contestants for the sake of good old fashioned competitiveness but I never actually expected to win. More than anything else, my motivation was to prove to myself that I could accomplish something if I set my mind to it and winning has been ice on the cake!
5. Scott Iverson: with a noticeable reduction in body fat, Scott's secret weapon was his work ethic. In his workouts with me, he had quite possibly the highest intensity out of all the competitors.
4. Justin Flowers: having been in off season mode for close to a year, it was time for Justin to cut back up and showcase the extra muscle he has added to his frame. As you can see, he preserved nearly all of his muscle along the way by keeping his nutrition, strength training, and cardio in balance.
3. Michael Serpa: Mike undoubtedly lost the most amount of body fat in the contest and if this were a contest based solely on fat loss then he would have unanimously won. He is continuing to shred and wants to pull another 10-12 lbs. of fat to reveal all off the hard earned muscle he's added this past year of training.
2. Donovan Stevahn: Donovan didn't miss a single day in the contest and did some form of exercise all 42 days. He was committed to leaving no stone unturned and even worked out hobbling on one leg after having fallen down a mountain. Now that he's gotten his body fat down to where he wants it, he is transitioning into a bulking/strength phase so that he can continue to add to his muscular foundation.
1. Jonathan Seaman: Jon was not the front runner in the contest but somehow he managed to sneak up on everyone and walk away as the victor. He clearly has revealed his set of abs and the added muscle on his frame gives him a nice, attainable athletic look. He accomplished the best of both worlds; more muscle and less fat which is why he walks away with the crown!
Justin and I have been working together for close to two years and his transformation is one of the greatest I have ever seen firsthand. My first article featuring Justin showed him going from a skinny fat 180lbs. to a lean, muscular 178lbs. over the course of one year. Please check it out if you haven't already read it! http://www.primefitnesstraining.com/2014/05/congrats-to-justin-flowers-may-2014.html
Since the writing of my first article 10 months ago, Justin and I have directed our efforts at adding more mass to his frame through some dietary changes as well as exercise programming modifications and the results have been astonishing as you'll see in his most recent progress pics. Read on to see how Justin added 20lbs. of solid mass to his frame in less than a year, naturally!
Justin Flowers, Age 26, 5'10"
Starting point: 180 lbs. 22% bodyfat: 39lbs. fat, 141lbs. lean mass
Fittest point: 178 lbs. 9% bodyfat: 16lbs. fat, 162lbs. lean mass
21lbs. of lean mass was added & 23 lbs. of pure fat was lost.
Anna Farrell, 25 years old, 5'4"
Before: 152lbs. at 29% body fat
After: 131lbs. at 22% bodyfat
Tell me about the layoff you had prior to getting back into exercise and how it affected your psyche and your physique.
I never really worked out before. I was blessed being the skinny girl that ate everything. But it caught up to me when I turned 24. When I started gaining weight I didn't have as much energy, and I was increasingly getting more self conscious.
What was it that sent you over the edge and caused you to "take action" and actually start working out?
I was really unhappy every time I looked into the mirror. When my fat jeans started to get tight something had to change!
Prior to meeting Keith, I had been living in Minneapolis where I was working with a trainer 3-4 times a week. He was helping me rehabilitate and strengthen from orthoscopic knee surgery. Once I moved back to San Diego, I attempted to maintain my workouts on my own. Around this same time, I unfortunately had to scope my other knee due to a torn miniscus. After surgery, it was very difficult to get back into my workouts for fear of my limitations with both knees now being scoped. During this period I was between jobs and only working part-time. The uncertainty of paying my bills and finding full-time work that I enjoyed, added tremendous stress and anxiety. The transition of starting a career all over again made for a debilitating stress where I felt paralyzed and unmotivated to use my body and strength train. I stopped working out altogether for a week, then a month, then a whole year went by!
Living healthfully is a journey, not a destination. However, seeing results along the way are the road signs that keep us motivated and on track. On this page I share the successes that my clients have enjoyed. I hope that their stories inspire and motivate you on your own fitness journey.
3935 First Avenue
San Diego, CA 92103 get directions
© Prime Fitness Training. All rights reserved. Login.